Thermal transfer printers
This type of printer consists of a high-resolution printing unit, which can be easily implemented on all packaging machines on the market.
The machine is distinguished by the combination, on a single printer model, of the two conventional, intermittent, and continuous printing systems. In continuous mode, the thermal head remains stationary, ready to print at the first signal of the packaging machine, while the packaging film runs under it.
In the intermittent one, instead, the head moves in a programmed way, transferring the data to be printed on the film during the stop phase typical of intermittent motion packaging machines.
Sprint 3000 series
The SPRINT 3000 series of our Alfa Service brand is the latest evolution of a family of thermal transfer printers designed for direct and synchronized printing on intermittent motion and multi-lane packaging machines. The Corner Type thermal head is able to print different types of texts, barcodes, logos and graphics of various types quickly and with excellent quality.
These are the perfect thermal transfer printers for packaging machines that can be installed on machines for the medical industry.
We provide the best benefits for your business
The SPRINT 3000 series is designed for direct and synchronized printing on intermittent motion and multi-lane packaging machines.
SPrint is able to operate autonomously without a continuous connection to a PC. Printing layouts, which can be realized with graphic software, can be stored in the internal memory and quickly recalled from the operator panel supplied with the printer. It is available both right and left and can operate both in horizontal and vertical positions, adapting perfectly to packaging machines.
The electronic unit is equipped with an operator panel with password protection that allows the operator to enter different levels of activity to avoid malfunctions or incorrect settings in the coding of the packs. A series of automatic functions allows complete automatic management or restricted input of variable data such as deadlines, lot numbers, manufacturing dates, work shifts, etc.
With the Ethernet network card installed (optional), it is possible to send the adjustment parameters and check the status of the printer directly with a web browser interface. With this powerful function, the network administrator is always able to be informed about the operation of the unit.
SPrint communicates with the outside with some standard interfaces, such as serial RS232, parallel Centronics and USB 1.1. On request, RS422 / RS485 or Ethernet 10/100 Base / T can be implemented.
SPrint is equipped with an effective thermal ribbon-saving system. The software calculates the actual amount of ribbon to be used while minimizing the printing cost. Reserve alarm signals and the end of the tape are available for dialogue with the packaging machine.
The following accessories can be added: thermal tape (black, red, blue, green, and white), support for single pitch, support for double pitch, a head for an intermittent system, and a head for a continuous system.
Together we build to be better
- Print width (thermal head): 53mm; 107mm; 128mm.
- Maximum printing length: from 140 to 630mm.
- Maximum number of multiple prints: up to 25 tracks.
- Print speed: up to 450 mm/sec (depending on model).
- Cart return speed: up to 500 mm/sec.
- Thermal head: Corner Type 12 dot/mm (300 dpi)
- Adjustable printing plate.
- Available in right or left versions.
- Intelligent Ribbon Saving.
- 32-bit RISC microprocessor CPU card.
- PC-upgradeable FLASH program memory.
- High-capacity Compact Flash memory card slot.
- IBM-wide keyboard connector.
- Standard interfaces: RS232-C; Centronics; USB 1.1.
- Optional interfaces on request: RS422; RS485; Ethernet 10/100 Base-T.
- Opto-isolated digital I / O interface for synchronization with packaging machine.
- Clock in real time with daylight saving time management.
- Flexible packaging in plastic or paper: polyester, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, calendered paper, medical paper, tyvek, etc.
- Base wax, wax resin, or resin.
- Maximum length: 600 m.
- Inking: external.
- Core: in plastic or 1"–25.4 mm cardboard.
- Electric voltage: 220 V – 50 Hz; 115 V – 60 Hz (optional).
- Max power: 380 VA.
- Compressed air: minimum 6 bar dry and non-lubricated.
- Operating conditions: 5°.
- 45° to max. 80% non-condensing humidity.
- CD containing the printer driver for Windows and manuals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Our machines allow a high level of customization with many add-on accessories such as a jumbo reel holder, printer, multi-point discharge (MDP), dosing unit for liquid and creamy products, automatic feeders, and more. It all depends on the type of machine you’ve selected!
Here is a list of basic things you might want to consider before purchasing a new packaging machine:
- How many packages will you be sealing per shift?
- How large is each package?
- What is the package made from?
- How much space do you have available for another machine?
- Do you plan on ramping up production in the near future?
- What is your budget?
- What type of product are you packaging?
Yes! Our team of highly-qualified engineers and technicians is ready to address any issues that may arise. We even offer on-site training so we can guide you through the proper usage of your specific equipment.
Our machines are produced in Italy and some parts are produced in the U.S.
At Medsol, we prioritize environmental sustainability. Our Colimatic and Alfa Service brands are committed to eco-friendly practices. Our packaging machines are designed with advanced technology and use environmentally conscious materials, ensuring minimal impact on the environment. Choose Medsol for eco-sustainable solutions in packaging machinery.
Ready to Get Started?
The fastest way to reach out to us is to fill our this form below. We will reply and get back to you within 24 hours.